Monday, May 30, 2011

Toronto Plus

Up early and at the airport.  We have a flight to Chicago and then on to Grand Rapids which will arrive about noon or so.  We slept well and I am in a less grumpy mood.  I am sorry that I won't be able to attend the Memorial Day services in Coleman.  I understand they were going to honor Uncle Elmer for his service in WW11.  For those of you that may not know, he was a POW toward the end of the war.  He never received his medals for being a POW.  My cousin Denny has been working on getting those medals and having them presented today at the new memorial in Coleman.  I was looking forward to seeing family and honoring his service in our family name.  Maybe I will send a card instead.  He doesn't get out much but it is a special day for him and his family. 

We have reconnected with family back home and they will be waiting for our arrival. Doug will pick us up at the airport and I will go back to Eva's house to pick up my car before heading home, facing that traffic coming south.   I hope to leave as quickly as possible so that I beat most of the traffic.  Jessica has managed to use our time here to download pictures from everyone except Eva (she went to Paris camera free, knowing everyone else would take pictures.)

The sun is rising over the airport, I have a book to finish and another one still in my bag.  We will use our time to unwind and maybe I will treat myself to a Dairy Queen on my way home. 

"It doesn't get any better than this".  That is an Uncle Bud quote.  I am thankful for such an optimistic husband.

Give us safe passage to our final destination.  (I don't mean the FINAL, FINAL, destination just to our homes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment