Sunday, August 19, 2012

30 Years and going strong

Yesterday was our 30th anniversary.  That is hard to believe.  Yes, the most important thing you can do in your life is to marry well.  I am so happy that I married Bud those many years ago.  I didn't know that it would turn out this great but what a blessing.   

 Don't we look cute here at the courthouse.  Bud in his 3piece suit and me in the dress that I made for this occasion.  Neither of us have our 'wedding outfits' anymore but I do remember this dress well. Most of you know that we didn't tell anyone except Warren, Sonja and Eva and they were sworn to secrecy.  It was just the wedding that we wanted.
 SO, 30 years later we celebrated by loading the bikes on the back of the car and heading out for a ride at the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes new trail.  It was a perfect day, not too hot with a nice breeze.
 We rode about 3-4 miles one way and then back.  It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.  After arriving back home we both took a nap.  Yes, we are getting older but the ride and the nap both were great.
 We invited Sue and Walt to join us for dinner.  It was a great evening. We had dinner outside and just enjoyed great conversation.
We don't look old enough to be married 30 years.  The years have been good to us.

I hope all of you are blessed with someone as nice in your life as I have been.  We are looking forward to 30 more years together.

3 comments:

  1. I am bummed that Uncle Bud doesnt still have that suit but approve wholeheartedly of the anniversary bike ride. Looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is great, 30 years. I love that you choose cycling to celebrate your specail day.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! Happy Anniversary to you! Love you!!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete