Sunday, August 5, 2012

Baby bump, betrothal and birthday

OK,OK, I know that is a strange title for my posting but it has been an exciting week and I just had to share ALL of the blessings in my life.  

 First of all isn't this a beautiful picture?   That little baby bump is not so little.  She is due with a boy and a girl the end of December, the 27th to be exact according to Eva.  She is looking so beautiful.
 NOW on to the betrothal, YES, YES, it happened this weekend.  Jessica and Doug are engaged.  I received my phone call on Saturday morning but I am told that Eva and Matt received a rather excited call late on Saturday night, after he popped the question.  Yes, he did get down on one knee and yes it was a surprise to everyone but one of the most beautiful surprises.  They are a wonderful couple and I am very happy for them.  I have received a couple of other pictures of the ring in the last two days, one of it on the river canoeing with Jessica and another one today out on the pontoon boat.  That ring really gets around.
 The rest of the posting is rather boring in relationship to the news and pictures above but I will still share with you my birthday dinner pictures.  Eva and Leo drove to Big Rapids to meet us for dinner.  It is becoming a tradition in our family to meet there to share birthdays.  It is a central point for all of us, each driving an hour or so to get there.  Eva was beaming with the news of Jessica's engagement.  She asked Leo to guess what her great news was.  He had 3 guesses. 1. Sara was having triplets  2. Erik was getting married  3. Eva was getting married.  What a comedian he is.  We all listened to Eva's stories of the call and the sleepless night that she had just excited and happy for Jessica and Doug.
 Bud is Googling something here.  He is addicted to his phone and now when I ask him a question he goes quiet for a while and then comes up with the answer.  I can't even remember what he was looking up this time and most of the time I can't remember the question by the time he finds the answer.
 I am so rarely in the pictures so I had Eva take some of the two of us.
 My birthday gift from Eva came in one of my favorite kind of box, a Talbots box.
 It is a beautiful new sweater with navy and gray stripes.  I will have to wait a few months to wear it but am looking forward to looking stylish this fall.  A great choice as a gift.
 Bud bought me new sunglasses.  I lost my best pair early in the summer so I went out and bought this pair.  I have expensive tastes in sunglasses so they are my birthday present.
 Leo gave me this great card that really sums up our family relationships.
On the outside it said: Sis, it was awfully hard to grow up in the shadow of Mom's little favorite.
On the inside it said: I think you handled it very well.
Great card and a great birthday.
And of course the group picture.  I was thrilled that we had a chance to get together and celebrate my birthday.

So bumps, betrothals and birthdays all celebrated this week.  A lot of excitement for me.  Thank You, Thank You to all of you that called, sent a text or sent a card.  I truly felt very loved on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment