Thursday, August 30, 2012

Torn between two loves

This week I have been alternating between two of my loves, a good book and a quilt project.  My book is an old fashion mystery/crime thriller.  Nothing too fancy, just a good twisting plot that surprises me often.  The quilt is a surprise quilt for someone I love.  Thank goodness for hobbies because the TV of this week is pretty weak, the RNC has been capturing the airwaves with their 'speeches'.  I'm not convinced but find it interesting that of late I have heard some praises of former president Clinton.  Yes, he did balance the budget.  He also didn't get us involved in a war without thinking of the human or financial consequences of starting a war in the Middle East.
SO, I will go back to my fantasy world and enjoy the mystery thriller and my quilting.  Enjoy your weekend.  I hope you have an escape from the world to indulge in this last weekend of summer.  

1 comment:

  1. I do remember Clinton bombing somewhere just after his "sexual relations" became public but that might be my teenage brain creating a cause and effect and hey, it wasn't a whole war; ) I need to know the name of the book. I'm reading Same Kind of Different as Me and then would love a thriller mystery.

    ReplyDelete