Saturday, August 25, 2012

New Stack and Whack quilt.

I am inspired to work on the wall hangings that I am going to put in my entrance way.  I now have a plan for decorating that space and this was my next project.  I started this project in a class this past winter.  I just wanted to learn the technique but didn't have a plan for the quilt.  Well, now that I am going to hang some of my work in the house, I thought it would make a nice hanging.  I am planning to change the hangings with the seasons so this one will be my Christmas hanging.  The poppies one that I finished a week or so ago will be my summer one.  I have a pattern in mind for the fall but it will have to wait.  I am on to making some 'surprise' quilts for family.  We have some babies and a wedding so I won't be posting those quilts on the blog because I want them to be a surprise.
I love this quilt and the way it turned out.  It is an interesting pattern and technique.  It is also very bright looking.  I think it will look great hanging in the entrance.  Maybe I will even get it up for this Christmas.  It will take some rearranging of the bars that are there now but that is just a weekend project for the two of us. Maybe when the weather is colder and we don't have outside things to do.  Today is too nice to stay inside.
It is nice to finish up projects.  Us quilters often have what we call UFOs around the workroom.  I am glad that I found a place for this one and finished it.  Finished projects have a nice feeling of accomplishment.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the seasonal quilts. Kind of like seasonal plates: )

    ReplyDelete