Sunday, August 12, 2012

poppies quilt is almost finished

Isn't this beautiful????  I am almost done.  I have one dark border to put on this quilt and it will be finished .  I just love the poppies fabric.  I finally broke down yesterday and bought some more via the Internet along with some of the other fabrics in the quilt that I like.  I don't have any plans for that fabric but as Jessica confirmed with me on the phone a while ago, "My name is Della, and I am addicted to fabric."  It takes an addict to recognize another addict.  We bond together and support each other when ever we need to make difficult decisions.  I tried and tried to resist the pull of this fabric on the Internet site but just kept coming back to it almost daily.  That must mean something, don't you think??? I am guessing it means that I need to incorporate this fabric into another quilt some where or at least have some extra around to play with and dream with.  I try to avoid that problem of having beautiful fabrics around just to fondle, but this time I couldn't do it. Maybe there is a 12 step program for us fabric addicted  but I'm not sure we would be very helpful to each other.  We would probably just get together and swap fabrics and make quilts.

While I am at home doing laundry and sewing, Bud is doing a good deed today.  Today is Coast Guard Appreciation Day here in Traverse City at the Yacht Club.  He took his boat down to the club and offered rides to the 'coasties' and their families.  I am joining him in a bit to have dinner.  TC is a Coast Guard town so once a year or so the Yacht Club likes to do something to show their appreciation to their work and invite them and their families to have a day of fun and good food on the bay, before school starts.  It is a nice thing to do.

I hope you had a good weekend, whether you fed your addiction or did something nice for someone.  Summer is slipping away so enjoy it while you can.The snow will be flying for most of us sooner than we would like.

1 comment: