Saturday, August 11, 2012

Husband Cleaning for hire

If you want your house to be thoroughly cleaned, call me.  I have the husband you need.  It all started like this.  We NEEDED  our windows cleaned.  At our house that is a lot of work and requires special equipment to reach those high windows. We have a great company here in town that will come over and do that cleaning in just a half of a day.  I hired them to clean this past Friday.  They did such a great job that we realized that the rest of our house really needed one of those day long cleaning events.  I never have enjoyed this task but we set aside today to get into the cleaning and spiff up our house.  That means attacking those little piles and places that you sometimes ignore.
This morning we split up the jobs.  I said that I would do the kitchen, bathrooms, and dust.  Bud said that he would run the vacuum and take the brush to the cobwebs in the chandlers and and along the edges of the ceiling.
WELL, it is many hours later and I have finished the bathrooms, kitchen and dusting. I even took the brush to the cobwebs in a couple of rooms to speed things up.  Bud is still diligently working.  He took this as an opportunity to clean  EVERY nook and cranny in the house.  Now I'm not complaining at all.  I love a diligent worker  but I am amazed at all the places he found to clean.  This little day of cleaning up the house turned into a LONG day of cleaning.  I really didn't think it would take this long and that we would find so many places to clean.  I just finished cleaning off the glass of pictures that are hanging in the living room, something that I rarely do but probably should do more often based on the dirt I found.  Bud just finished cleaning off the tops of the kitchen cabinets, another place that should be periodically cleaned but is often on the list of things to do another day.  He is talking about going up on the roof and cleaning off the skylights, something that hasn't probably been done since we moved into the house.

SO, if you want to come and visit us, we have a clean house.  That is what you get when you ask an accountant to help you clean the house, slow and thorough.        

1 comment:

  1. I'll hire him! He's my favorite accountant. Then, the two of us could have margaritas and chat about books while he killed the dust bunnies.

    ReplyDelete