Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blessings

There is an old hymn that has a phrase that just 'jumped' into my mind a few minutes ago. "Count your Blessings, Name them One by One". Now all of you know that I'm not one to be quoting hymns but this phrase just stuck with me as I was going about my morning activities. SO, I am counting my blessings today. Here are a few that have already passed my way just this morning.

I received a wonderful phone call from Sara. In this day of text messaging and email and blogs it is still wonderful to hear the sound of a voice. You can hear smiles in a voice. I was blessed with the sound of her smile this morning.

While talking to Sara, a hummingbird appeared outside my window. It actually sat upon a branch. Us mere humans rarely get to watch a hummingbird while it is still. Than it took off in a blur. It reminded me of so many things like how busy we can be and don't get to see things when they are 'still'. It also reminded me of the farm and Dad. He always kept a hummingbird feeder on the porch.

I am blessed with a wonderful family that has filled my life with joy. I am thankful for my relationships with my brothers and sister. They enrich my life every day. We share such common experiences growing up together, the love and joy and sometimes fighting, that siblings have but when needed we are there for each other. Mom and Dad did a good job raising us and showing us how to love. We did a good job sticking together and remaining a great family.

I am blessed with wonderful nieces and nephews. I have enjoyed our many times together. I am thankful for the ones that are close by, like right across the road. They have enriched my life in many ways. I am thankful for the MANY years we shared the lives of Sara, Erik, Matt and Jessica as they grew up. I am thankful that even as they have spread away from Michigan that we continue to be a part of their lives. They have brought me much joy along with new family to love like husbands and wives and children. I am thankful for the many times I went down to Coleman and visited Josh when he came up to Michigan for the summer. That relationship has enriched my life in many ways. I am thankful for the times I have spent with Amy and Myria. They have been fewer, but ALWAYS full of joy. They too have brought new family to our little group. I am thankful that we have taken the time to go to N. Carolina every year and see the family there. They too are a blessing to our lives.

SO, those are just a few of my blessings. Take some time to 'Count YOUR blessings' today.

2 comments:

  1. ....see what God has done - is the rest of the verse! :-)

    I too am thankful for my family.

    Today I locked my keys in my car at the post office. I called Jessica who now works near by - she came to rescue me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hummingbird WHILE we were on the phone--hello Bliss Dust sparkling in mine eyes, my name is Saraaaaaa~

    You bless our lives too. It was wonderful to hear your voice today and catch up a bit. We are looking forward to seeing you in a month or so. Woooooohooo!!

    Love you and LOVE THIS POST.

    ReplyDelete