Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Day

Yesterday I drove down to Coleman to put a wreath on Mom and Dad's grave. It was a quick trip, I left here late in the afternoon, went directly to the cemetery and placed the wreath and then went to dinner with Leo. I did take a quick detour to drive by the farm. Everything looks great from the road. I turned around at the church and there was a sign for an auction of the church and the acre of land it is on. Does anyone want to by an old church??? I also noticed that they were planting beans on the front field. Time goes on.

Leo and I had a good dinner. He is not working the 12 hour shifts anymore and we are hoping that he takes a ride on his motorcycle this weekend and comes up to visit us.

This is the life of a retired person. Not too exciting but interesting enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Change. There's so much of it everyday of our lives, you'd think we humans would be better adept at riding those waves. The church for sale seems such a strange thing.

    The wreath is pretty and I love picturing those beans growing from the good earth...

    Love you

    ReplyDelete