Friday, May 28, 2010

Grocery shopping at Meijer

WOW, you may be saying, it must be a slow day in T.C. if she is blogging about grocery shopping. Well, it was a new experience for me. You see, I HATE to shop at Meijer because it is SO big and spread out. I can't ever seem to find the right things. But I know that they have the best produce so I decided that I would give it a try once again. I am now retired so I should be able to relax while shopping. I left my 'attitude' in the car and decided to call it an adventure. It really wasn't as bad as I thought when I wasn't hurrying around on a 'precious' Saturday morning. I did find some very good produce and was able to do more 'one stop shopping' than usual. SO, even at my age, I can try new things that gave me anxiety attacks when I was younger and working.

2 comments:

  1. Someone I know and love refers to Meijers as the "diarrhea store" meaning it gives her such a nervous stomach to be in there that, well, that's what she calls it. Now that spring/summer is upon us, the farmers markets should be brimming with local seasonal decadence. And YAY is what I have to say about that :) YAY YAY YAY. I love love love the farmers market. Remembering several times last summer meeting Jess at Fulton St Farmers Market. Mmmm. Berries, potatoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look that up; Meijer. It's sort of like Costco? Only open 24 hrs? I also have to psych myself up to tackle that place.

    ReplyDelete