Saturday, May 29, 2010

Easy Rider

Leo went for a ride today and came to visit us. He arrived about 1 and we chatted for a while. I fixed him a nice dinner and he went on home. When he called this morning to let me know he was coming up, I mentioned going out for lunch. He 'hinted' that a b.b.q. would be nice. I took the hint and went out to buy steaks. We had steaks, grilled vegetables and fruit salad. He wasn't even surprised that I went out and bought steaks. He figured that I was good at taking the 'hint'. I must be the 'easy' one in this story. Anyway, it was great to see him. We are going to go out tonight and see the movie "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" It is a foreign film with subtitles because the author is Danish. It is a thriller book/movie that has become popular lately here in the states. I read two books by this author and loved them both. I just bought the newest one today. I hope that the movie lives up to the book.

2 comments:

  1. He's Swedish. Gotta keep the Vikings straight :) How was the movie? Is the third book out in the States yet? We haven't read them yet but our Oysterman has and our neighbor has and both are raving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the movie was good. Sorry about the nationality of the author. The subtitles didn't get in the way of enjoying the story. I really liked the books and have read the first two. I just finished a book about sailors in the early 1800's that shipwrecked off the coast of Morocco which was VERY good and just bought the newest book by Stieg Larsson called The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I am going to start reading it soon. I would recommend the movie to anyone that doesn't mind a little violence. There was some in the movie. I can usually read that kind of thing easier than see it on th screen but it didn't bother me too much. Bud enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete