Monday, May 17, 2010

Springtime in Northern Michigan

Sara likes to put pictures of wildlife on her blog. I decided that I can't 'sneak up' on birds as well as she can but we do have some good flowers around here this time of year. I drive by this stand of lilac bushes every time I go into town. They remind me of the farm. We had all 3 kinds of lilac bushes there just like this picture although you can't see the different kinds very well. There are the traditional light lilac color, the very dark color and the white ones. I love the smell of lilacs and love seeing them in the spring. They bring back great memories. I wonder if the new owner has picked any blossoms and brought them into the house. They don't last very long when you pick them but they put off the most beautiful fragrance.
Once again this picture doesn't do justice to this little flower that is growing just outside our door. I think they are called primrose but I don't know for sure. They just grow there by themselves. I am guessing that some people would call them a weed but I just let them grow in our wooded lot.

Finally, these are forget me nots. I like them because of the name and the blue color. They are very plentiful in the neighbor's yard and a few of them have made it over to our wooded area.
AH, springtime and the flowers that just bless you with their ability to grow and share their beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment