Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jessica's American Life

I was just driving home, listening to "This American Life" on public radio. They were talking about home videos. Immediately the funniest home video came to my mind. I remember watching it in Grand Rapids with the family around. This video is a legend in the Clarady/Schoon family including the family in Norway. For those of you that don't know the story, Sara spent a year in Norway with her aunt and uncle. Jessica got the idea of sending Sara a video of a 'day in the life of Jessica' or something like that. It was LONG and VERY FUNNY although the intent of the video was not comedy. I can't remember many of the scenes but I do remember Jessica spending a lot of time in front of the camera talking and acting things out. When we watched it several years later in Grand Rapids, Sara told us that it had been the 'hit' of her friends and family in Norway. Just the thought of the video makes me smile and I hope that those of you who have had the chance to watch the video smiled too. If you haven't been blessed with this experience, we could maybe replay it on You-Tube??????? I'm not sure that they take such long selections.

SMILE, Life is full of little pleasures.

1 comment:

  1. "unda da sea.....unda da sea.....down whea its wetta, life sure is betta, unda da sea"

    ReplyDelete