Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am addicted to bowl making

Well, it is official, I am addicted to making these bowls. This is my latest one. It is about 12" in diameter and about 6" tall. I wanted to see how big one would be if I used a whole clothesline and this is what happened. It is actually a little bigger than one clothesline because I also wanted to learn how to splice together the line. I used just scrap pieces that I had cut into strips and just continued to wrap and stitch. Like I said, I just couldn't stop.



I decided that maybe I would try to add some 'embellishments' so I checked in my book and this was one of the easy suggestions. I like the little handles and the buttons to set it off. I found out at my class that sometimes floral or plant stores have clear plastic liners that you could put inside the basket. This would look great as a "chip" bowl or something like that. My next project is to make an oval one. The book has good suggestions on how to make them so I am sure that it won't be too hard. The cool thing is that I am using up scraps and the only cost is about $5 for the clothesline. I will keep you posted.


1 comment:

  1. These are really great! Are they difficult to make? I love them!

    ReplyDelete