Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I still have the 'touch'

I went into school today to help Molly out with her work load. This is Molly and her cute little daughter Cora. Cora comes to Molly's classroom after school most days. I stayed all day just so that I would have a chance to see Cora. Cora is wearing a little necklace with a shell on the end that I bought for her in Cape Verde Islands. She love jewelry as much as her mother and I love to find little treats for her. As you can see, I still have the touch. I taught in the morning for Molly so that she could work on some curriculum projects that needed to be completed. Schools just don't give teachers 'time off' to do things like work on extra projects and Molly carries most of the load for the grade level with projects so I feel good about helping her and the 'former' team. I was Molly's 1st grade teacher many years ago so I have known her for a long time. I know the 3rd grade curriculum very well so I can just walk in and teach for a morning without any preparation. It was fun. This is the second time that I have done this for her so I am getting to know the class fairly well. I am planning to do it about once a week for either a half of a day or a whole day. I worked with individual students and made copies for the grade level in the afternoon. I like staying at least for lunch so that I can enjoy that BRIEF time relaxing in the lunchroom with other teachers. It is a nice way to keep in touch and spend some time with students.

OH, my old classroom. It looks so different but nice. I don't miss having the responsibility of the classroom. I like it this way.



1 comment:

  1. So good to see you back in the classroom. You have so much to offer children.

    ReplyDelete