Monday, January 11, 2010

An Ode to my Purple gloves

It is a sad day for me. I have developed a hole in my favorite pair of purple gloves. I especially love this pair of gloves because they match my new purple hat. Now I am doomed to wear just plain black gloves until I find a replacement. I think that it is strange that this hole is in the middle finger of my left hand. I am right handed so it seems peculiar that I would wear out the finger of my left hand before my right hand. Does anyone have an explanation??? AND, of course why oh why the middle finger. I don't think that I over use that finger in the winter. I shall be retiring this lovely pair of gloves for more subdued gloves and feel less 'stylish' until I find a beautiful replacement.
Such is the ode to a purple glove.
I hope it made you smile.

2 comments:

  1. This has got to be my favorite irreverent blog image ever.....award material....seriously.

    And I think you should make it top priority this week to find yourself a nice pair of fashionable purple gloves....can't leave a sweet purple hat hangin'.....and besides....black gloves?.....Naaaaaaaae. Life is too short for those.

    This is a repeat comment....I posted it last night but I guess it didn't take! Hope this one does. I know how good it is when you see that there are comments on your post. Especially when you've been extra.....clever or honest or "out there"......zero comments is anticlimatic, and leaves you wondering...did anyone read it? if they did, what did they think? So, blessings for comments to you in 2010 :)

    Love you!! Keep it up. We're loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have read it...I think the glove speaks for itself!!

    Or, perhaps, it comes from scraping the ice off the windshield...

    ReplyDelete