Thursday, January 28, 2010

My haircut

Yesterday I went and had my hair cut. I didn't take my 'personal photographer' so I didn't get a picture of the two of us. We tried to take one in the mirror but I couldn't get it to work. Anyway, this is my lovely stylist Mary. She has been cutting my hair for MANY years. I just love going to her small shop. She opened her own shop a couple of years ago after spending many years in a larger shop. I love this shop because it is so personal and relaxing. I go there, we chat about our lives, have tea and sometimes chocolate, update each other on new books and movies that we are enjoying and sometimes even have a glass of wine while drying my hair. She is such a wonderful woman I really enjoy our time together. Her shop is also an art gallery which means that every time I go I can see some good art on the walls. What more could one ask for when getting a haircut?

3 comments:

  1. What are you doing up at 3:41 a.m????
    You must be really addicted to blogging if you have to do it in them middle of the night!

    When I looked at this picture - your first line was I got my hair cut. I thought that was you and I could not believe how different you looked with your new haircut!!! I kept looking...thinking WOW - it makes your whole profile look diffent! Plus - your new haircut had tranformed your curly hair to straight!!

    Reading on - I realized it was not you afterall!
    It helps to read and not just look at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing as mom! Staring and staring at the picture thinking...."wow she looks so different with her new haircut!"

    Funny! Love you, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me toooooo. I was like, "YEAH!!!" Really diggin' the new do and the hip new jeans. What a new pair of purple gloves can do!

    Anyway, I appreciate the description of your hair place. An art gallery, chocolate and wine, friendly chats, AND having someone wash and play with your hair? Uh.....can I come next time? Just fly me in.

    Love youuuuuu. By the way, are we going to get a picture of YOUR hair??

    ReplyDelete