Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quilt Group Day

Today I went to my quilt group meeting. The morning program was a lesson on sewing on a curve. I chose to just watch and not start a new project. It was interesting. I just joined this group this past fall, right after I retired. They meet during the day on the 4th Tuesday of the month. It is a fun and interesting group with lots of experience. They do a lot of charity work for Habitat for Humanity. They make quilts to go on the beds of every house that is dedicated in the Grand Traverse area. I haven't worked on any charity projects just yet as I have been busy making my own projects and finding my way in this retirement.


This is my friend Kathy showing the quilt that she just finished for a wedding present. Kathy was the one that got me started in this group.

We 'posed' for this picture because I wanted to reassure Jessica that I still have my own 'personal photographer' that I take along with me all the time.
They always have a 'show and tell' at the end of the meeting so today I took in my latest bowl. It was well received and some people asked if I would do a class/demonstration at some meeting. That will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment