Friday, July 2, 2010

Cleaning and banking

Today is a day of doing chores that I have put off for a LONG time. My house really needed cleaning AND I need to reconcile a couple of months of my checking account and the Visa statement. I hate both chores but decided to tackle the cleaning first. I did a fairly good job of hitting the highlights. That is one chore that really isn't fun but must be done. Several years ago we gave up our cleaning lady because it seemed like a big waste of money. That was a good decision but I still hate the chore.

Banking is another chore that I dislike. I haven't reconciled my checking account for several months and know that I need to get at it. The Visa statement has been sitting on the table for a couple of days too. I don't know if I will have the ambition to do both of them this afternoon or if I just escape to the sewing room and work there.

Speaking of banking, Bud has been experiencing a string of bad luck lately. I received a call from our credit card company yesterday and it seems that he has been buying some things in Saudi Arabia. I don't know how he made it there and back in one day but he managed. SO that credit card was cancelled and another one is on the way. I hope that things coming is threes doesn't apply here.

As I am posting this, the Navy Blue Angels are practicing over Grand Traverse Bay. This noise has been going on for THREE days and the show isn't until tomorrow. It is getting a bit old. My best story about the Blue Angels comes from Eva and David. One summer they were driving into Traverse City as the Blue Angels were performing or practicing. They thought that we were under attack. I do have some good memories of the performance though. Leo and Josh always came to visit when they were in town. I even remember Mom and Dad made it up one time for a performance.

Such are the ramblings from Me today. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Della,
    While in the Navy as a photographer and stationed in San Diego my husband Mike was assigned at times to shoot photos of the Blue Angels. This involved being strapped in a harness, with a camera strapped to his hands so that they could lean him out the door, just a bit, of a plane that was flying parallel to the Angels! And I wonder how he developed that fear of heights!
    Happy 4th,
    Your blog stalker, Gayle

    ReplyDelete