Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friends and baseball

Wednesday was a busy day for me. I met my friend Molly and her daughter Cora for lunch. Molly was one of my students when she was in 1st grade and then taught with me across the hall many years. I really enjoy spending time with her. I helped in her classroom this past year. Cora will be 3 at the end of October. She is such a sweet little girl. I LOVE to see her as much as her Mommy. We had a great lunch and caught up on all things "Kingsley" and all things "Cora". Molly is expecting her second baby at the end of August and she is looking great. They asked me to do her 'long term sub job' but I declined while laughing. I can't imagine starting the school year with a new class, doing all the things that are required for a new school year, and working for a whole marking period which would conclude with Parent/Teacher Conferences. That would be my worst nightmare.
Anyway, I sure enjoyed my time with the 2 of them and will continue to help Molly next school year after she is back from her maternity leave.
After lunch Bud and I jumped in the car and drove to Chicago where he had a conference. I spent much of the day on Thursday shopping on Michigan Ave. Our hotel was right on Michigan Ave but about a mile from the 'prime' shopping areas. SO, this country girl managed to get a cab and go north to do my shopping. I had a great time in the Watertower Shops and then walked quite a way down Michigan Ave, shopping as I walked. After a heavy stop at Crate and Barrel I managed to hail another cab and head back to the hotel. It was a successful shopping trip.
In the late afternoon I met up with Bud's group and we took the public transit system to a Cubs game. It was a HOT day and there was a nice breeze blowing across the field. We had seats in the shade so we enjoyed the pre-game activities and relaxed.
It was a great game with lots of excitement. The final score was 12-6 with the Cubs winning. There was a lot of scoring in the first few innings and then a lot of activity but not as much scoring. We decided to leave after the beginning of the 8th because the score was 6-2 with the Cubs ahead. As you can tell by the final score a lot more activity happened in the last part of the game. We decided to leave a bit early to beat the rush on the subway so we missed that activity. It was a fun evening though.



We left Chicago on Friday and drove right home.
Today Bud is taking his Harley out for a ride with some guys on a charity motorcycle run. I will do chores and such. Enjoy the day.



1 comment: