Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jury duty and Ice cream

Yesterday I had to answer my civic duty and show up for jury duty. It was just the day that they choose people for future trials. I was chosen for 2 cases (lucky me) and turned down for 1 case. The first case involves a person who bit into a piece of food and cracked his tooth. The second case involves a bar fight which resulted in charges of assault. The trials aren't until September. The case that I was not chosen was a domestic violence case. I was glad that I didn't have to rule on that case.
This is just a picture of the court house. I am really 'into' posting pictures with my blog entries.
On a MUCH more fun level, we decided to take dinner to the Noble cottage last night so that we could have some time together before Brittany goes off to medical school. We grilled flank steak and vegetables for the family and it was delicious. I made ice cream in the morning so we had delicious homemade ice cream for dessert. This is Brittany, Charlotte and David eating ice cream with their dog Ringo. Ringo did get a few tastes too.

Brittany will leave soon for medical school at the University of Michigan. We are all very proud of her accomplishments and are looking forward to her continued success. The summer has passed way to fast for her since she really only had the month of July off but we will see her as often as her schedule will allow the next few years.


No comments:

Post a Comment