Friday, July 23, 2010

My Ann Arbor trip

Well, my last post suggested that maybe I would just look and enjoy the sights of the art fair but I did not succeed. Maybe there is a 12 step program for 'Art Fair Addicts'. I think I would qualify under the sub-group of 'ring addicted'. However it is a fun addiction.

We left on Tuesday afternoon and made a few quilt store stops (another addiction). I have a couple baby quilts to make and thought I would go with a dots theme. It was fun finding these fabrics. I will show you the quilts when I get them done.

Wednesday morning we were up early and down to the start of the art show by 9:00 even though it doesn't open until 10:00. We had a nice breakfast downtown and began our busiest day of shopping.
I tried to get lots of treats for others, gifts to be handed out at another time. These lovely little toys twirl and look cute. Maybe 3 little girls I know will get them some time.

This bowl is a wedding gift. I liked the colors and the fact that it is kind of neutral. It is a nice big bowl and can be used for many things besides just looking nice.


This is a baking dish for another gift. I also liked the color and the versatility of this dish.

I love to visit a place there called Ten Thousand Villages. I found this cute little set of finger puppets that I will give Molly's daughter, Cora for her birthday or maybe just for a treat. Cora is a very creative little girl and loves to make up stories.

I found this photo there too and liked the 'dimensional' aspects of this piece. If you look closely you will see that the matting has a blurred photo of the one on top. I don't have a home for this one just yet but I'm sure that I will find some place for it. I liked this artists different approach to matting and photos.

I like irises and this is one of my favorite artists. This is a cracker and cheese set. It looks very nice don't you think?


And now for the things that I bought for myself. I just couldn't resist this ring. It is a Mother of Pearl even though the bigger ring looks kind of pink it is really white. The setting is silver and just a nice piece. This artist had a lot of pieces that were reversible although this one is not. He was a nice artist and I liked his work. Kathy bought a pair of ear rings for him.

This is another ring that I bought. (sorry for the old and wrinkled fingers but it is hard to photograph rings.) This artist did a great job of putting designs and texture all the way around his ring. I like the added touch of a bit of gold on the front.
I haven't done a 'ring count' since returning home but probably should do that. I am also giving a lot of thought to cleaning out some of my collection and passing them on to others so don't be surprised if now and then a package arrives with a ring in it for a few of you. It will be like sharing old friends with you.
I bought a few more things but that is enough pictures. It was a great trip. My feet hurt but I was still able to keep going.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SARA. I hope you have a wonderful day.


1 comment:

  1. Thank youuuuuuuu for my birthday wishes. I haven't had much time to peruse blogs in awhile. Lots of great pictures here :) And congratulations to Brittany!! Fantastic!

    Love you,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete