Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Garage and various summer ramblings

We are getting a new garage to hold Bud's various toys. If you are keeping count he now has a regular car, his sports car, an ice boat, a motorcycle and not enough space to store them or expand his toy list. We are putting a garage next to the house. You will enter it from the road when these 4-5 trees are removed. You will go straight in and the driveway will be wider. We hired David and his friend who have a lawn/beach maintenance summer business to move the myrtle that grows very well under these trees to another spot that needs to be filled in. It took them all day so I was glad that they were doing it not me. I will keep you updated with pictures as this project progresses. It will be a 2 car garage and we will probably continue to store some things in the existing carport.

As to other ramblings, I just ate my first summer fresh tomato. It is easy to forget how luscious fresh tomatoes can be when you are eating those grocery store things that are almost tasteless. As I bit took the core out of the tomato the aroma was almost breathtaking. I love that smell of a garden fresh tomato. Now the taste was so delicious too. SO, let's celebrate summer and the fresh vegetables that you can now enjoy whether you are part of a CSA like me, grow your own in your backyard, or go to the farmer's market and find your treats. Summer is a wonderful time for fresh food. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment