Friday, February 12, 2010

footprints coming and going

I still don't have this uploading pictures in order correct just yet so this group of pictures is backwards once again.

This is a sunset shot over the bay near their house. The tide was out and the sun was setting after a wonderful day here together.

After our lunch we went to a nearby glassblowing gallery. It was very interesting to watch this man and his assistant make this vase. The art was a bit too expensive for us it was fun to watch. He does weekend lessons/workshops. If I lived here I would add glassblowing to my list if things to learn. However, it was just fun to watch an artist create.
Footprints coming and going in the sand. Right after lunch we took advantage of the wonderful sun and went to the beach for a walk in the sand. I love the sound of the surf. The sun was on our backs when we set off down the beach but the wind was in our faces. After a while we turned around and headed back to the car. Just before we left the beach all of us gathered some larger stones for the garden here at the house. Now two more Michiganders have left a little mark on the sand and in the garden. The tide will come in and wash away our footprints but the rocks will mark our spots for some time.

This morning Sara and I went into the local market to pick up a few things and then were drawn into a local gallery where we spent about and hour checking out the local art. I can spend hours in galleries and always enjoy the talents of their works. I managed to find a few trinkets that will remind me of this adventure.

Last evening we had a wonderful dinner at a new place, highly recommended by some of the advertisements. It was a great meal. I had local scallops for my entree. Sara and I had walked for 2 miles in the afternoon so we indulged in dessert. The conversation around the table was interesting and fun. All is well in the world when you can share a wonderful meal with people you love and 'toss around' new ideas. We are having a great relaxing time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful...wish I could join you!

    Love to you all!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete