Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My visit to the farm and a special guest

Well, I visited the farm yesterday and had a little fun. On the way down I realized that the snow that was falling was perfect for making a snowman. I only had my lovely purple gloves with me so I stopped at a gas station a bought a cheap pair of brown gloves (The kind Dad wore). I had a great time making this snowman and dressing it up in different 'outfits. This first outfit is with my purple hat and gloves. You can't see the hat and gloves very well but she looked very stylish. I went for the many views so you could see how great she looked in her surroundings. It was fun.






Then I went back inside and found another outfit. Doesn't he look great with his John Deere hat and hunting vest?



I couldn't pass up a few winter scenes for those of you who weren't with me. This is a picture of the back yard.












Here we have a picture of our friend at the front porch as I left. I left the John Deere hat on him. I figured that it would be fairly safe and we didn't need to worry about it.













It was quite a chore making the snowman. I haven't made one in a long while. The snow packed pretty well so rolling the balls wasn't too much trouble. However, I didn't have any coal for the eyes and and buttons. I found some stones and then I found a burn barrel that Leo had used. I blackened the stones in the leftover ashes. That worked pretty well. I didn't have a carrot for a nose ( I didn't plan this snowman making before I left) However I did take along some fruit salad for my lunch and I found a piece of cantaloupe for the nose. I am good at improvising. I hope the squirrels or birds enjoy this little piece of frozen fruit.
It was a wonderful memory and I hope you enjoy the pictures. I did get a chance to meet one of the new owners. She took off work so that she could come and see the house one more time. She and her husband were just married this past fall. They are really excited about moving into this house. They have lots of plans on how to change things around and make it their home. She said a couple of things that made my heart happy. First of all she said that after their first look at the house she noticed that it had a good hill for sledding. She told her husband that they now had a place to take their future children sledding. That made my heart sing. She also noticed the red pencil sharpener that is attached to the door frame in the hallway going upstairs and commented that they had one like that at her house when she grew up. She said that she grew up in the Coleman area in a large old farmhouse and they are really looking forward to this one. She wasn't 'put off' by the fact that the only heating comes from the register in the living room. She said they had one like that in their house. I think this place is a good fit for them. She is an RN at the Midland hospital and he is a welder for the local union so they have good jobs and lots of good future ahead. I think we are selling this house and land to a couple that will love and take care of it. It is time for a new generation to enjoy this house.
I hope you enjoy the pictures and a few memories of your own.






2 comments:

  1. This makes me smile and want to cry all at the same time...I need some Coleman time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like picturing that new young couple making a home there. Thanks for sharing that story.

    ReplyDelete