Sunday, February 21, 2010

My new quilt

I took this picture so that you could see a close up of the quilt. This is the border that I was working on today. I made small pieces of the colors on the quilt and stitched them together with the black for a nice framing of the quilt.


The last few days I have been trying to catch up on my unfinished projects in my sewing room so that I can start another project. This is a quilt that I have been working on for almost a year. I saw a similar quilt in a craft show that we stopped at in W. Virginia last spring. I didn't have the pattern and they didn't sell it there. I took very detailed pictures and then figured out the pattern on my own. The fabrics are batiks. I was all set to do a red color where the dark color is on the pattern but Sara suggested a black color and I thought that would look much better. I am pleased with the outcome. It is a very large quilt so we will put it on our bed. I haven't made a quilt for our bed so this is a good choice and a chance to change the look in our bedroom. I am going to Coleman tomorrow so I will stop at a quilt shop down there and buy the backing for this quilt. Again I will buy some batik fabric that will go with the other fabrics. I am leaning toward something in a dark blue mix so that it goes with the walls. Now I have 4 quilts to take to my quilter as soon as I finish making the backs for them. THEN I can start a new project.


3 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I can't wait to see it in person. Love you, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you shopped online for backing at www.christianlanequilters.com? They carry queen sized "fat backs" and lots of batiks.
    By the way, I'm a blog surfer by way of Sarah and Leo, by way of Kelly and Jason (I'm Jason's mom)and also a quilter.
    Love your quilt.
    Gayle
    My blog www.bennett-graves-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS. I love how it turned out!! Hi Gayle :)

    ReplyDelete