Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I just gotta have art


I loved going to the galleries with Sara. I found this bowl in a gallery. I especially like the glaze which looks a bit like snowflakes. I may just have to go back and pick up my old college hobby of working with pottery. I remember loving it a lot and enjoying how each piece turned out. I know that I gave away many of those 'rustic' pieces but I may go and find the other pieces that I still have in the basement in a box. It is such a fun hobby, and an 'earthy' feeling to sit at a potters wheel and make something with the clay. Then the glazes add another dimension to the experience. Doesn't it sound like fun??? This is a necklace that I bought. I am sorry that I didn't turn the picture first but anyway you get the idea. This necklace is made from stones. It is really different and I liked it.
The glassblower that we saw had some items for sale and I bought this for myself. I have this attraction to jewelry too. I always say that I may not remember the plot of a movie that I saw but I can always remember where I bought a piece of jewelry.

Finally, I bought this watercolor of the town of Wellfleet which is the town where Sara and Leo have their home on the Cape. Good memories.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the image I get of you at the Potters Wheel. "My Aunt Della, you know, the Potter."

    (!!) Totally...

    ReplyDelete